Since its release in late 2010, The Red Bag has floated and flown through a variety of cultural and educational watersheds:
• Selection at EarthVision Film Festival 2011
• Sonoma County: About 10,000 students and around 500 teachers and teacher aids have seen the video, courtesy of the Sonoma County Water Agency, who bought several hundred copies of the DVD.
• Santa Cruz County: purchased 1,500 copies for use in county education programs and their move to outlaw single use plastic bags
• Solano County: being aired on their local cable channel and used in Solano County Water Program classroom outreach programs
• Marin County: shown to hundreds of students every day when they take the tour of the Marin County Sanitary Services recycling facility